Pertenæcer © (Belonging)
Eight-Week Mindfulness and Meditation Training and Practices for Latinx Immigrants in the United States.
BELONGING IN LIFE MINDFULLY
In this eight-week curriculum participants will learn about the importance of mental health hygiene through the study of mental health, the mind, common mental health stigmas in the Latinx community, and the use of culturally-attuned mindfulness and meditation practices as mental health hygiene tools.
The overall goal of this curriculum is to allow practitioners to manage stress and leave with a sense of belonging to themselves, their families, their communities, and their country – the United States.
Some of the culturally-adapted mindfulness practices we will visit revolve around connecting with our ancestry, writing about our migration circumstances, and finding cultural affinities. Some of the meditative practices will help us learn to identify negative patterns and habits, learn about emotions, learn how to apply self-regulation and breathing techniques, and cultivate self-love, empathy, and self-compassion to heal and prevent long term effects on our mental health.
- Learn about the importance of mental health hygiene
- Open yourself to new perspectives on life and life circumstances
- Learn culturally-attuned Meditation and mindfulness practices
- Learn about self-regulation
- Understand basic emotions: Fear, Anger, Sadness, and Joy
- Cultivate compassion and empathy
- Build a strong sense of belonging in your community
- Week 1 – How Are You?
- Week 2 – Connecting with My Story, My Ancestors, and My Culture
- Week 3 – Embracing a New Perspective
- Week 4 – Reigning the Mind and Body
- Week 5 – Getting to Know Emotions
- Week 6 – Belonging in Me, My Family, and My Community
- Week 7 – We are One World
- Week 8 – Belonging in Life Mindfully
Includes: Guidebook and Guided Meditations
Criss has practiced meditation and mindfulness for over 7 years. She is the Founder of AlmayEspiritu, and her mission is to guide people in the transformation process of loving, accepting, and caring for themselves through culturally-attuned and secular meditation and mindfulness practices. She is the author of PERTENÆCER: Eight-Week Mindfulness and Meditation Training and Practices for Latinx Immigrants in the US. Criss has a BA from the University of Illinois, an MA in Mindfulness from Lesley University, and she is currently getting a certification to teach Google’s mindfulness and emotional intelligence leadership training, Search Inside Yourself.
Ready to belong with us?
Fill in this form: